Till 1958, there was hardly any facility available for Eye Care right from Borivali to Valsad area. Therefore a group of social workers came together and started the Institution on O.P.D. basis. Surgical work also started in the same year. due to the total dedication of social workers, doctors and staff, the institution grew gradually and gained a lot of goodwill and confidence of the people.
The institution runs totally on charitable basis with no profit and gains. To provide diagnosis and treatment for Diabetic retinopathy, our hospital recently started department of Posterior Segment.
Our vision is to participate actively in the National Programme for Prevention of Blindness by adhering to the WHO Theme “The Right to Sight” and Vision – 2020.